[games_access] UN Convention - Argument example

Sandra Uhling sandra_uhling at web.de
Thu Nov 4 09:44:32 EDT 2010

Hi,

I use this example to explain the situation:

The UN Convention can be used in two ways:

1. The branch says yes, we will do it and tries to get as much as possible
out of the UN Convention:
Funds, Support, Research, Information, ...
2. The persons with disabilities learn how to fight for their rights. And
the branch has to do it then.

I personally prefer possibility 1 :-)

AbleGamers and PS3, Sony:
They could look for a person who has this problem who lives in a country
that ratified the convention and the protocol.
Then they support the person to fight for his right. (Note the convention is
higher than laws that protect intellectual property)

I am wondering why this is not possible:
AbleGamers contact a person at sony who is responsible for persons with
disabilities. They talk about it and then the problem is solved.
That would be the best way.

Best regards,
Sandra