[games_access] Request to all (active) members

Tara Tefertiller tara.tefertiller at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 11:26:41 EDT 2010

Hello Sandra,

My name is Tara Tefertiller (soon to be Tara Voelker - I recently got
engaged!).

I work a lot with Michelle actually. I used to live like across the street
from her so it was super easy to do. Recently I've been working with
Michelle on her non-profit organization that she founded. But really, I just
do whatever she tells me to do.

With the SIG I just quietly sit back and read emails, although I was with
Thomas at the round table at GDC this past year. I've only been in the SIG
(or really actively working with accessibility) for about a year, so I don't
really do much yet. Although I'm always willing to become more active. For
me the SIG is a resource, and a place where I can get info, news and
opinions.

I really just talk to developers and students about accessibility. I spoke
at GDC this past year, and I also spoke at a college in International
Academy of Design and Technology in Detroit. I'm also a mentor for that
college. Right now I live near 2 gaming colleges and I'm slowly learning who
is who and plan on muscling my way in on their classes so I can make sure
they understand accessibility. i already take every chance I can to talk to
the students.

I also do some work with AbleGamers. I write reviews, and when I can
articles, although to be honest I've been lacking good things to write
about.

I think that about covers all I do...

Sincerely,
Tara Tefertiller (soon to be Voelker!)