[games_access] It's coming! Game Accessibility SIG Elections

Sheri Rubin sheri at designdirectdeliver.com
Mon Sep 27 00:43:53 EDT 2010

Hello everyone,

As some of you already know, we are going to start the formalization
process for the Game Accessibility SIG. The framework is flexible enough
to accommodate the diversity of all of the SIGs. With this information
in hand, we can move forward and initiate the process of holding Game
Accessibility SIG elections. We have a lot to accomplish and I'm sure
you want to spend as little time to do it, so please review the rest of
this email carefully.

Our first order of business is to review the general process. This SIG
will follow the basic format of the following:

     1) The SIG opens up the nomination process in order to gain
nominees for the SIG steering committee.
     2) The nominees statements (assuming more than one of you run!) go
up on the SIG's section of the website.
     3) All SIG members who are IGDA members are asked to review the
statements and go vote.
     4) Voting ends and the ballots are counted.
     5) The winners are announced, they take office, they appoint your
Chair.
     6) Everyone cheers!

Please take some time to think about this process and if you would like
to run for steering committee. Then feel free to chime in about any
questions you have about elections, voting, or what the steering
committee duties entail. We want to encourage multiple people to run and
since you'll have multiple people elected you can help continue making
this SIG rock. I am on this list so I'll see any questions or you can
email myself directly off list.

After discussions, an email will go out early next week asking you to
submit your nominations.

Remember -- only official IGDA members will have voting rights. (So
please join or renew your membership ASAP! http://www.igda.org/join)

Thank you so much for your participation. It's important for the Game
Accessibility SIG members to take part in the decision making process
whenever possible. Elections can be a complex and controversial (or
apathetic!) process, but these new guidelines, in conjunction with this
SIGs awesome members, will help make the process go relatively smoothly.
I really look forward to hearing what everyone thinks over this next week!

Have a great week!
Sheri

P.S. For those of you who are curious about nominations - anyone can
nominate a qualified person. The nominees must be an IGDA member in good
standing; have been a member for at least two membership years prior;
adhere to the Leadership (Board of Directors) Code of Ethics; and agree
to read and follow the IGDA SIG reference manual with respect to their
legal, financial, and organizational responsibilities. An official call
for nominations will go out once everyone has had some time to talk.

--
*Sheri Rubin*
Founder and CEO

*Design Direct Deliver*