[games_access] How to contact Valve?

Sandra Uhling sandra_uhling at web.de
Wed Apr 13 11:27:15 EDT 2011

Hi,

wow that is great. I cannot log in with my data to write
an email to the support guys. :-(

The contact email address on valve website is out of order :-(
Why do they put it on their website then?

I someone able to forward this information?
That would be very kind.

Hello,

for my bachelor thesis I use one of the games in Steam.
So I have to use Steam, too.

I really love it that you care about Accessibility. That is great.
 Unfortunately it seems that the Steam platform is not very accessible.

I installed a game and I deinstalled a game. (The Secret of Monkey Island
SE)
But I am not glad about it.

Control:
* only-mouse is possible (eye-control, head mouse,...)
  BUT I had to make a right click to deinstall the game.
  Maybe you can add a combobox that can be used with the left-click?
  This would also be useful to find(!) the menu.
* only keyboard: not possible at all?
  It should be possible to use Steam with keyboard only!

Installation:
  Does it has to be in the steam folder? What happen when
  I have no space left, but a second hard disk?
  Maybe people would like at least to know where it will be installed?
  Not all people know that it will be installed in the steam folder!!!
* Start menu: I was able to select yes/no.
  But I could not change the entry.
* Link on Desktop: also here I was able to select yes/no, that is ok
* Overview: I think it is very important to have an overview before
  The gamer decide to install it. It should be possible to change settings.

Interface:
* It looks like that I can select another interface?
* A "beginner/basic" interface would be great
* It would be great to select between some color settings (high contrast)
* It would be great to change the size of the elements and text

Deinstallation:
* Combobox would be great (use with left-click possible, easy to find)
* Overview before gamer decides to delete it (what will be deleted ...)
* Information about savegames?????? (see Savegames)
* At the end I still have the folder of the game with one file in it.
Runasadmin.vdf
 ** When I want to deinstall something I want to deinstall all.
 ** Is there any benefit to save the runasadmin.vdf file?

Savegames:
* That is one important part, too.
* I would like to have information where and how are stored the savegames?
* e.g. The Secret of monkey island SE II
 ** I played long!!! Time, I saved - no problems, end game, start new - no
problem,
 ** next day: all savegames were gone!

* = Information how savegames are stored / can be stored
* = Information if I need a connection to Steam
* = Information ingame if storing was really! successful
* = Information if I can save my savegames, when I delete a game
* = AND Information what I have to do

Best regards,
Sandra