[games_access] Query about font size for subtitles in games

Carme Mangiron cmangiron at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 07:42:31 EDT 2011

Hello everybody,

I'm currently doing some research on  game subtitling practices and
accessibility related issues for deaf and hard of hearing players and I
am trying to find information about the font size(s) that is/are more
commonly used and also if there is any information about what font size
would be recommended.

I know that in some cases te font is usually too small and hard to read,
especially on standard definition TV sets, but I would like to have some
more concrete data. What would be a font size that is used and is
difficult to read? What font size would be recommended? Those of you who
design games, what font do you usually use for subtiles for cutscenes
and in-game dialogue?

Any information would be really helpful.

Many thanks in advance,

Carmen