[games_access] Remember! Forums!

Tara Tefertiller ttefertiller at igda-gasig.org
Mon Feb 7 22:38:14 EST 2011

Hello!

This is just a reminder that forum topics have been extended from one week
to two weeks, so you still have time to comment on the current topic. We've
only had 2 comments on it so far.

January 31, 2011 - How could the accessibility community take advantage of
games for rehabilition?<http://gameaccesssig.forumotion.com/t8-january-31-2011-how-could-the-accessibility-community-take-advantage-of-games-for-rehabilition>

Games are more and more often being used for rehabilitation purposes. Back
when I was still with AbleGamers I wrote an article on "Wii-hab." In the
article I mentioned who Wii sports was being used to help people with
Spastic Diplegic Cerebral Palsy and Parkinson's. This is a main stream game
that was being used for non-main stream purposes.

How can the accessibility community take advantage of situations like these?

Do you think the Kinect and PS3 move will be used in similar situations not
that they are out?
What studies have been done that can support the use of games and other
games for rehabilitation?

Article can be found here:
http://www.ablegamers.com/game-news/wii-hab.html
http://www.ablegamers.com/game-news/wii-hab.html