[games_access] Information Shuffle on the Website

Tara Tefertiller ttefertiller at igda-gasig.org
Tue Feb 8 09:36:26 EST 2011

Hello everyone,

Based on feed back I have gotten from students, teachers, and developers and
those generally new to accessibility, I plan to re-organize the information
on our website.

Currently, we have a section that defines all of the different types of
disabilities that a designer may encounter, and then in a different section
we list the possible ways to deal with these issues. The problem - if
someone wants to address one area - say mobility- they have to go to a
minimum of 2 pages on the website. The new plan will be to have about
mobility page. The page will define mobility, what issues limited mobility
can cause, and then on the same page list the steps developers can take to
address these issues.

This change will make the website more efficient and hopefully easier for
people wishing to learn about accessibility.

I just wanted to let everyone know because while these changes are being
implemented we will end up having duplicate information and text on
different pages of the website.

Thank you, and thanks for all the great feed back you have given me on the
website!

--
Tara Tefertiller - Chairperson
IGDA Game Accessibility SIG