[games_access] FYI: Call for paper, inclusive eLearning
sandra_uhling at web.de
Wed Feb 9 16:21:20 EST 2011
IEL2011, 15th September, Glasgow, Scotland
Call for Papers
Following three previous successful events in 2008 (Maastricht/The Netherlands), 2009 (Rostock/Germany), and 2010 (King’s College London/England), the 4th Workshop on Inclusive E-Learning (IEL) will emphasise a trend we have observed from submissions during the last three years. In our call for 2010 we highlighted research on e-inclusion, assistive technology, and accessible systems, etc. and these seemed to be topics relevant to many locations in terms of language and cultural issues, and funding. The 2010 workshop confirmed our assumption and – since the majority of submissions and participants were either German or British – revealed a high demand to discuss differences in how inclusion is tackled with regard to cultural background in Germany and the UK.
As a result we would like to take up this trend for our 2011 workshop in two ways. In the following years we would like to alternate the location between Germany and the UK and we would like to particularly – but not only – engage researchers from Germany and the UK.
Apart from general contributions addressing questions around inclusive e-learning, special topics of interest are:
* Cultural-, country- and/or language specific aspects of inclusive e-learning
* Using computers to support a target group in the context of inter-cultural education and knowledge building
* Supporting older or disabled people with assistive technology when travelling
* Computer enriched environments/scenarios to support everyday life management of disabled or elderly people
* Practice reports
* Study results about difficulties with and/or advantages of computers used by older or disabled people
* Software developed for the target groups
* Research/studies about differences and similarities observed when disabled and older people are using computers.
In general, we invite interdisciplinary researchers and developers for special solutions for older people, people with learning disabilities and people with special (educational) needs, to benefit from each other’s experiences. We would also like to address the comparable difficulties experienced by different types of learners with disabilities, early learners and older people when using ICT.
For further information please visit the workshop’s website http://iel.mixxt.org or send an email to iel2011 at easychair.org.
Submission deadline: 21 April 2011
Notification of acceptance: 23 May 2011
Workshop date: Thursday, 15 September 2011
Please note: The workshop will take place as a full day workshop, but will start with a joint dinner at the conference venue the night before (14 September)!
Source and more information: http://iel.mixxt.org/networks/wiki/index.iel2011
More information about the games_access