[games_access] IGDA Website Problems

Ryan Arndt ryan at igda.org
Wed Jan 12 14:49:55 EST 2011

me :P I can get that hooked up as well. Let me know what you want to do/when you are ready, and a redirect can be done. You can also embed your site within the drupal window of the main IGDA site (check out the igda Finland page http://igda.org/finland )

as for other useful tips, if you are having an issue related to access/publishing on the site, I can help you out with that. Most site stuff I can get moving a bit better, but if not I can ask for help from Andrew.

Ryan
On 2011-01-12, at 11:46 AM, Tara Tefertiller wrote:

> Ryan.

> Thanks for taking the time to address this! This problem had been brought up before (before our SIG had elections) and somewhere there was a loss of communication and everything broke down. It's very helpful to simply know what's going on!

> You had mentioned other options, such as having a separate sight and redirects. Who would I need to speak with to have this done for our SIG? We currently have a website (although it isn't fully finished) that is off the IGDA site at igda-gasig.org.

> Is there any other useful tips for us when regarding the IGDA and the website?

> Thanks,

> Tara

> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Ryan Arndt <ryan at igda.org> wrote:

> there are other options as well, ie if there is a separate site (as some sigs such as WIGSIG do) a redirect can be done.

> The issue I am able to deal with is paid member access to SIGs (whether student, core lifetime etc). Free members are not as high up on the list as they do not have a full membership. Its coming together slowly, for sure.

> Its a site wide problem with role permissions per membership type that is the bug, and that is being worked on as I type this. Im all for it being solved as I have to edit each member individually, which is not a small bit of work. Thanks for bringing it up and I will keep you posted.

> But yes, send paid members who get that evil looking error message if trying to access "members only" my way and I will help get them sorted.

> Ryan

> On 2011-01-12, at 11:28 AM, Michelle Hinn wrote:

>> You should also ask the people trying to join who haven't join the listserv for their information as well -- if they didn't also join this list then they won't get this message!

>> Michelle

>> On Jan 12, 2011, at 1:09 PM, Tara Tefertiller wrote:

>>> Actually, how about everyone email me their user name and email address (off list so we don't spam everyone's inbox) and I will send Ryan 1 email that is easier for him keep track of.

>>> Thanks Ryan!

>>> Tara

>>> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 1:51 PM, Ryan Arndt <ryan at igda.org> wrote:

>>> Tara, it's a website bug. Please have them email me with their site username and email address on the account and I can adjust it for them.

>>> Each one must be individually adjusted so please know that it takes some time.

>>> Ryan

Email: ryan at igda.org

LinkedIn: http://j.mp/IGDAli