[games_access] A catalog of 1 switch interface patterns?

Barrie Ellis oneswitch at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 15:27:25 EST 2011

All great thoughts and info on one-switch design. Eelke Folmer has carried
out some excellent research with his students on the most effective use of
one-switch methods, often linked to specific issues:
http://www.eelke.com/oneswitchgames.html

http://www.comp.dit.ie/bmacnamee/papers/CGamesAccessiblePong.pdf - Pong
design for one-switch.

And some more here: http://www.oneswitch.org.uk/4/games/0index.htm (scroll
down to "writing a switch game").

For text entry, there are various methods of course. I always liked the
high-score entry system in Michi.nu Alice Amazed - although it's certainly
not the quickest in the world.

For number and icon entry, I do quite like this Carousel system:
http://www.switchedongames.co.uk/demo/ - which includes a way to control the
speed too.

So not exactly what you were asking for, but hopefully useful.

Best wishes,