[games_access] Our First Weekly Topic

Tara Tefertiller ttefertiller at igda-gasig.org
Tue Jan 25 09:52:30 EST 2011

Good morning (or afternoon) Everyone!

It's time for our first weekly topic!!

"How could we define a minimum accessibility standard that is easy to
implement for all game developers? Compare this with including alternative
text for all images on a website – a technically easy thing to do, if you
just remember to do
it!"<http://gameaccesssig.forumotion.com/t2-january-24-2010-how-could-we-define-a-minimum-accessibility-standard-that-is-easy-to-implement-for-all-game-developers#2>

What are your thoughts? Is it a simple list of must haves? Does it vary by
game? Are games too diverse to have a "one size fits all" type of minimum?

Please go to the forums, register, and post your
thoughts<http://gameaccesssig.forumotion.com/t2-january-24-2010-how-could-we-define-a-minimum-accessibility-standard-that-is-easy-to-implement-for-all-game-developers#2>.
Remember, the highlights and conclusion of this discussion *will be posted
on the website* so it's important that we make these topics a worth while
read.

AND YES! We actually do get visitors to the site everyday, and so providing
more and more meaningful content it a must.

Thanks everyone!
--
Tara Tefertiller - Chairperson
IGDA Game Accessibility SIG