[games_access] Looking for updates for the White Paper

Tara Tefertiller ttefertiller at igda-gasig.org
Tue Jan 25 12:52:50 EST 2011

Hey everyone,

I've been slowly updating our white paper (which I would say is about 90%
done). In our white paper we have a list of games with modern accessibility
approaches.

Our white paper was originally written a while ago (before I was even in a
SIG member) so I am sure that there are more games, and more recent games
that aren't included in the original white paper. I would like to get the
newer games added so that this section of the white paper is up to date.

Here are the list of games. Please review and email me OFF LIST about games
that need to be added so that I can do so.

   1. Visual Disabilities:
         1. Terraformers: (3D Adventure game, addresses Blindness, Low
         Vision)

   1. Drive: (Racing, addresses Blindness, Low Vision)
         2. RatjePrak: (Variety of categories, addresses Blindness, Low
               Vision, Mobility)

   1. TPB Games (Action, Puzzle, Exploration Games, addresses
          Blindness, Low Vision)

   1. Baseball Mogul and Baseball Mogul Online (Sports, addresses
         Blindness, Low Vision)

   1. Jarod’s Journey (Adventure, addresses Low Vision)

   1. Honeycombs (Puzzle Game, addresses Color Blindness)

   1. Monkey Business (Action, addresses Blindness, Low Vision)

   1. Self Destruct 1.0 (Action, Fighting, Shooter, addresses Blindness, Low
         Vision)

   1. ESP Pinball Classic (Arcade, addresses Blindness, Low Vision)

   1. GMA Tank Commander (Action, Shooter, addresses Blindness)
         2. Shades of Doom (Action, Shooter, addresses Blindness, Low
         Vision)

   1. Grizzly Gulch Western Extravaganza (Adventure, addresses Blindness,
         Low Vision)

   1. KChess Elite (Strategy, addresses Blindness, Low Vision)

   1. Lone Wolf (Fighting, Strategy, addresses Blindness)

   1. Auditory Disabilities:
         1. Avandoria (Role-Playing, addresses Deafness, Low Hearing)

   1. Multiple Disabilities:
         1. All inPlay Crazy Eights (Family Entertainment, addresses
         Blindness, Low Vision, Deafness, Low Hearing)

   1. The Curb Game: (Action, Family Entertainment, addresses     Blindness,
         Low Vision, Mobility, Deafness, Low Hearing)

   1. Troopanum 2 (Action, Shooter, addresses Blindness, Low Vision, and
         Mobility Impairment).

   1. WickedWorld: (Gambling, addresses Low Vision, Deafness, Low
         Hearing)

Thank you!
--
Tara Tefertiller - Chairperson