[games_access] Game Accessibility at NYC Global Game Jam

hinn at illinois.edu hinn at illinois.edu
Wed Jan 26 15:54:44 EST 2011

Hi all,

I just got through talking with the NYC host of the Global Game Jam this weekend -- NYU's Game Center -- and they are excited to offer a special merit award for games that include accessible features.

I know that Tara is working with the Orlando, Florida chapter -- is anyone else working with another Global Game Jam?

Tara -- is there anything on our site that we can point the Global Game Jam organizers to that any of the groups can use if they decide to include it at the last minute? I was thinking that the "top ten" would be one thing to point them to -- are you using any other materials in Orlando? Perhaps we should let the Global Game Jam organizers know that there are now two chapters offering a special merit award and ask that they pass along the message that others can do the same and point them to a few simple guidelines?

these are mediocre times and people are
losing hope. it's hard for many people
to believe that there are extraordinary
things inside themselves, as well as