[games_access] GDC 2011: SoftKinetic Announces iisu 2.8, Releasing Free Non-Commercial Version

Sandra Uhling sandra_uhling at web.de
Sun Mar 6 13:39:04 EST 2011

GDC 2011: SoftKinetic Announces iisu 2.8, Releasing Free Non-Commercial
Version[02.28.11]

SoftKinetic announced the release of iisu 2.8 with "full multi-camera
compatibilitiy, and will offer a non-commercial version of the gesture
recognition middleware for free to qualified developers.

iisu is designed to recognize full body gestures and movements in real-time,
capturing motion through a single a 3D depth-sensing camera. The technology
has been incorporated into large-scale applications for gaming (e.g.
Kinect), multimedia systems, and personal training.

The middleware's 2.8 version offers support for "all 3D cameras", the iisue
Interaction Designer tool enabling designers to prototype and rapidly
develop gestures for apps, and an iisu Action Pack of out-of-the-box
gestures for the development of most gesture-based games and application
interactions.

iisu 2.8 also adds updated plug-ins for Unity 3D and Flash, and is now
available for current and next generation set-top boxes. Interested
developers can apply for the free non-commercial version of iisu 2.8 by
contacting info at SoftKinetic.com.

"SoftKinetic has long been a pioneer in gesture recognition, and we want to
expand the community of developers able to access to our professional tools
and technology," says SoftKinetic's chief strategy officer Eric Krzeslo.

He continues, "We believe that opening up our cross-platform, multi-camera
software to a broader community will enhance productivity and creativity,
and we cannot wait to see the incredible innovations that emerge as a
result."

By Eric Caoili
February 28, 2011 12:32:00 PM PT

Source:
http://www.seriousgamessource.com/item.php?story=33274&utm_source=feedburner
&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SeriousGamesSourceNews+%28Serious+Game
s+Source+News%29