[games_access] Need officially support from the SIG

Sandra Uhling sandra_uhling at web.de
Tue Mar 8 15:49:09 EST 2011

Hello,

I need the officially support from this SIG.

In Germany we have experts for web and software
accessibiity that want to recommend the WCAG2.0 for games.

Can we write an officially statement that we do not recommend the WCAG2.0 for games?
Games are not Software, games need their own recommention.

I know that some parts can be used and some can be used with little changes.
But the problem is that you need Game Accessibility knowledge for this.

I learnt that experts for web and software accessibility do not understand game accessibility.
They do not understand the special needs and just adapt the rules of the WCAG for games.
Also this would be very bad and can bring trouble to game designers and game developers.

Best regards,
Sandra