[games_access] Looking for One Switch Games thoughts...

Barrie Ellis oneswitch at gmail.com
Wed May 4 03:50:48 EDT 2011

Hope this not too late, Tim...

For many console games there are one-switch playable games, but normally menus need to be navigated by another person who can do this...

Darts: Shenmue for the Dreamcast/Xbox has a mini-game of Darts that is one-switch playable.
Fighting: Tekken 6 on the PS3 can be played with a single switch such as Kick as you will kick and move towards your opponent at the same time - ideally in two-player mode or practice arena.
Racing: Destruction Derby on PSone (and PS3 via PSN) can be played using LEFT alone if the accelerator is jammed down on an oval track.
Pinball: Pro Pinball Trilogy on Dreamcast allows you to set both flippers and the plunger to the same button enabling one-button play.
Golf: Everybody's Golf on PS2 allows for a hole to be played using just the 'whack' button - although you may find a little additional help is needed with aiming if you get stuck behind a tree.
Bonkers: WarioWare of GameBoy Advance has lots of absurdly fast one-button micro-games.
Music: Um Jammer Lammy on PSone on easy mode can be played with one-button.
Music: Guitar Hero World Tour for Xbox 360 can be played with one-button on easy mode.
Shoot-em-up: Shooting Gallery on Fairchild Channel F and Canyon Bomber on Atari VCS (going back a bit there I realise).

There have been a number of coin-op arcade games that use one-switch to play (e.g. Steeple Chase, Canyon Bomber, Badlands, Uo Poko, Star Trigon) as well many redemption games that use a single switch such as Stacker.

Here's a few links...

http://switchgaming.blogspot.com/search/label/Arcade
http://www.gamebase.info/magazine/read/eag-2011-dream-arcade_441.html

Also, many one-switch players of course play in a team splitting controls to make play managable.

Best wishes,

Barrie