[games_access] Updating the SIG White Paper

Michelle Hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Mon May 9 13:23:38 EDT 2011

Another thought is that it can be revisited every, say, year to add new research citations (I know Thomas, Dimitris, Kevin and I will want to add research papers that have been published since the original was written). Or, perhaps, we could have a "take a good look at it once a year but any major additions can be made as soon as possible). That way it's a project that it's alway on-going rather than getting as old as it is now.

And, yeah, if you go to the US Census website, all the latest info is there. We'll definitely want to have the most recent data from any census we can get in any major market (US, UK, Japan...etc etc...not leaving countries out just giving examples).

I really hate (sorry...) Google Docs. I've worked on three papers recently (including one with Thomas, Dimitris, and Kevin) that became such a pain to edit that we just cc:ed each other on who had the word doc and attached the latest versions to email). So -- and this is just me, maybe -- we should find out who actively wants to work on it (be the "white paper working group" officially and therefore directly contributes and has their name on it as a personal contributor) and start a cc: list instead?

And...I didn't get the google doc invite -- can you (sorry...) send it to me as a word doc directly?

Hope you guys had a great time on your honeymoon!!! :)

Michelle