[games_access] FB Games and Acessibility

Sandra Uhling sandra_uhling at web.de
Tue May 10 07:31:22 EDT 2011

Hello,

do we have information about this?
To be honest, I do not know anything about FB Games.

I tried one game:
* does not work with keyboard only
* does not have focus highlighted
* does not work without pictures
* uses animation (no button for "stop animation")
* does not work without CSS (I am wondering if this test is really useful
for screenreaders???)

So my result is that FB Games are totally different from normal webpages and
Accessibility is much much much much complexer. Also we cannot adapt our
standard
Web accessibility know how. I am not able to give "easy to realize" tips.

I had to give the recommendation that the person should care more about his
normal business and maybe try to get a research project in the future.

What do you think?

Best regards,
Sandra