[games_access] Awesome Announcement Time - Partnership with FilmVictoria

Barrie Ellis oneswitch at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 05:28:50 EDT 2011

Fantastic, news, Tara. Nice one!

Barrie

From: Tara Voelker (Tefertiller)
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2011 2:29 PM
To: IGDA Games Accessibility SIG Mailing List ; Ryan Arndt
Subject: [games_access] Awesome Announcement Time - Partnership with FilmVictoria

Hello Everyone!

SO AWESOME NEWS!!!!

I had been contacted by Brad Goblin, who runs the investment fund for game development (everything from tiny indie games to larger handheld/console games) for the Victorian state government in Australia, Film Victoria.  When he contacted us, they been discussing adding accessibility requirements into their funding guidelines, and providing appropriate funding to design, develop and test projects for accessibility and asked for our help.

I said we were interested, and the steering committee and I kicked it into overdrive to get the site updated and ready! (That's why we finally updated the layout and updated our top 10)

Now I am pleased to announce that game accessibility considerations have been officially implemented into their application process!

They are very proud over at Film Victoria to leading the way in government funded accessible games.

Later today I will have an official announcement on the site, as well as links to the Film Victoria page and the application. Once that has been done, this will also be on our Facebook and Twitter, and Ryan has said the he will post it on the main IGDA page and twitter as well.

--

      Tara (Tefertiller) Voelker - Chairperson : igda-gasig.org