[games_access] Slalom, The Videogame

Javier Mairena javier.mairena at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 08:17:01 EDT 2011

Hi all!

I'm happy to introduce our latest project :)

*Slalom, The Videogame*, is the simulator of a sport named "Wheelchair
Slalom", practised by people with cerebral palsy. The aim of this game is
providing the rules, types of tests and circuits to people who wants to
practise this sport. Or even providing a system to improve their times
practising new movement strategies.

[image: Fixed course]<http://www.accessablegames.com/projects/slalom/Slalom-FixedCourse.jpg>

In accessiblity, game focuses on people with cerebral palsy but also has
other options for other groups. The most important accessibility features
are:

   - Game speed setting.
   - Joystick or keyboard control mode.
   - Mouse control mode (for eye tracking and trackballs too).
   - One button control mode.
   - Control sensitivity settings.
   - Help lines to guide between obstacles.
   - Music and sound volume settings.
   - Closed captions.
   - Brightness and contrast settings.
   - Two languages​​: Spanish and English.

Video about game features: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmVZ3swkNBQ
Video about accessibility:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIN_K0o1VpY<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmVZ3swkNBQ>

*More info and free download at*:
http://www.accessablegames.com/projects/slalom.html

Hope you like it ;)

Javier Mairena (Game Accessibility Expert / Game Developer)
The Game Kitchen SL | Accessable Games | Nivel21 Entertainment
Email: jmairena at accessablegames.com | Tlf: 635159421