[games_access] Tip for MS - user studies

Sandra Uhling sandra_uhling at web.de
Tue Apr 10 05:43:03 EDT 2012

Hello,

I do recommend to add accessibility to user studies.
E.g. http://www.gamevisioneurope.eu/

But I would not call it "Accessibility".
I would ask the gamer what they wish, want, need
and give examples for Game Accessibility Features.

E.g.
Would you like reconfiguration of the control?
Do you need much easier difficulty?
Would you like to have much more difficulty?
(I would also add stuff like this, when you implement a function,
you can also look in both direction!)
Do you want/use subtitles?
Do you use subtitles to learn another language?

Where you not able to finish a game? [sorry for bad English]
Why were you not able to finish a game?
What would you wish to change this?

(It is very bad to pay lot of money and not being able to finish
a game, special when you are interested into the topic)

Maybe you can use Top Ten List of the SIG as examples?
Or maybe pick some recommendation of this list:
http://www.gameaccessibility.de/recommendations/all-together/

There are lot of Game Accessibility Features that
are also very useful to non disabled gamers.
They can also be very interesting for Hardcore Gamers!

With best regards,
Sandra Uhling

www.GameAccessibility.de