[games_access] What is this SIG?

Sandra Uhling sandra_uhling at web.de
Sat Jul 7 09:10:37 EDT 2012

Hello,

I would like to know:
What does this SIG want?
How do we want to reach it?

What kind of role does this SIG have?
What kind of responsibility does it have?

My opionion:
This is the Game Accessibility Interest Group of the IGDA.
As a central group, with lots of international members,
this SIG has a responsibility.

The responsibility for the games indurstry,
that they will get not hurt (Section 508, CRPD).
And it is this SIG job to enable the industry
to avoid barriers.

It is also the responsibility to make sure that
people understand games, and that Game Accessibility
is very difficult and games cannot be barrier free.
Create Standards that we need.

BUT:
At the moment we are only a chit-chat group drinking coffee.
But that is all I see. I do not see responsibility and care
for the games industry.

So I would like to know what it this SIG?
Do we only chat or can we work together and
take responsibility for this topic?

Best regards,
Sandra