[games_access] Game Accessibility - How to we get there?

Thomas Westin thomasw at dsv.su.se
Tue Jun 26 18:32:30 EDT 2012

I repeat what I've said a couple of months ago in a similar line of communication: collaboration is generally good but sometimes it may not be possible outside of local organizations; sometimes even better to do just locally. The main thing is that we all move forward, be it locally or globally.

I like to think of the GA community on this list and elsewhere, as a bilateral collaboration; this means all organizations, researchers, gamers, developers etc. here share similar goals and values regarding GA.

However, we should NOT have to synchronize our actions in detail or have overarching rules for collaborations. This would take a lot of administration and control and just kill creativity. So please stop complaining or accusing people/organizations for what they do (or don't do) - it is just not a fruitful way forward. At least not in my e-mail box, thank you.

Mvh / Best regards
Thomas Westin
Stockholm University :: dsv.su.se :: +46 8 161992