[games_access] Whinge and whine

Barrie Ellis oneswitch at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 13:47:52 EDT 2012

Have sent an off-list message on all of this stuff to Steve and Mark - but
briefly for the curious...

1. I was stirring the pot a bit, after my petty-bone took a knock. I put my
hands up. Not my finest moment ever.
2. Re. Accessibility Standards - would still love to see this happen, but
may have to be in a different shape to what I was suggesting. Perhaps a more
neutral shape initially.
3. Re. starting up my own web-site to review main-stream games, if you're
talking about www.dual-ring.net - I have nothing whatsoever to do with that
site (I did notice they share the same surname as mine). But I say good-luck
to them. Nobody has the monopoly on game accessibility review sites, and I
think good natured competition will strengthen our cause.

Anyway, my daft-ego aside, I love the idea of us all working together. Very
much.

@Sandra - re. the Top 10 - I see zero problem in opening that up to full
scrutiny:
http://igda-gasig.org/about-game-accessibility/game-accessibility-top-ten/ -
However, as that takes time, you'll see that may put in perspective how it
came about. A list being needed very quickly for support with this:
http://igda-gasig.org/2011/10/11/announcement-partnering-with-film-victoria/.
Not ideal, I agree. Aside from how it came about (and more in its defence,
the list was heavily influenced by the original top 10, and the many
discussions on this list) - feel free to let rip with your thoughts for
improvements.

Barrie