[games_access] Game Dear Esther

Sandra Uhling sandra_uhling at web.de
Thu May 24 04:28:07 EDT 2012

Hello,

I played the game. It looks like that they use the Source Engine.
I do not understand why they did not use the common interface.
Save and load is only possible with a key on the keyboard?
You have to reming it: F6 is save, F7 is load.
That is odd: usually F5 is save and F6 is load (at least in the games I
play)

I did not understand the story at all.
They use subtitles, but I need more time to understand it.
The English is also not easy. There is also no break function.

But I learnt that there is a fan-translation with txt files.
I can print them out and take the time I need to tread it :-)
That is very nice.

It would be very nice, when Valve would write a short
information document about how to use accessibiliy features of their engine.
But it seems they should also write down that usability is important, too?

With best regards,
Sandra