[games_access] Deaf woman's eBay complaint highlights dispute over Web access for disabled

Sandra Uhling sandra_uhling at web.de
Fri Jan 11 17:22:11 EST 2013

Hi,

little bit off-topic but interesting:

"Deaf woman's eBay complaint highlights dispute over Web access for
disabled"

Melissa Earll, of Nevada, Missouri, says she can't use eBay's
seller-verification system because she is deaf.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

. Deaf woman: eBay won't let me sell items because I'm deaf

. Auction site's verification system requires sellers to retrieve a
phone password

. A federal judge has thrown out the case; woman says she's
appealing

. eBay says it stands ready to help users, including sellers, with
disabilities

Source:
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/10/tech/web/ebay-internet-disabilities/

The US needs the CRPD ..