[games_access] Global Game Jam contest & diversifier

Michelle Hinn michellehinn at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 17:04:20 EST 2013

It's always a highlight to see what cool things come out of GGJ! I'm
starting to work with the NYC groups for GGJ 2014 NYC -- because,
well, there's no way I going to be able to jam this weekend...sleep
has been hard enough but I suspect most of you know about my recent
surgical overhaul on my back and that follow up pneumonia/anemia/heart
issue hospitalization I had recently! :)

Anyway, this is so exciting to hear about the organizers including an
accessibility diversifier! It will be a kick to see what comes out of
that!

I've been talking to organizers on the US side of things over the last
few days and they are excited about getting the SIG involved at a much
greater level for 2014 -- I'm thinking from what you've just said,
Ian, that the stage is set for the whole world for 2014 that year! :)

So let's get our thinking caps on as soon as possible after the GGJ
and think about what we'd like to see implemented at all of them world
wide! :D

Anyone interested in a post-mortem chat sometime next week about this
year's GGJ and how to start focusing on next year (never too early!).

Anyone besides Ian is attending any of them this year? Would be nice
to get a nice head count of who is going to be where this weekend!

Go GGJammers!!
Michelle