[games_access] Global Game Jam contest & diversifier (Michelle Hinn)

Ian Hamilton i_h at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 24 09:49:49 EST 2013

Another very nice bit of accessibility news from GGJ, they also have research projects running, and one of the accepted proposals this year is an accessibility one, by Joseph Mansour of PHI labs in the USA.
The way the research projects work is through a survey distributed to all of the jammers at the end of the weekend, and his will be asking them about their attitudes towards accessibility, if they've done any work like it before and why/why not.
Although GGJ is weighted towards a certain demographic of the industry, at 10,000+ potential respondents as far as I'm aware it's the largest bit of game accessibility research that has done before (that's only as far as I'm aware though, I could be wrong!) so it should be very interesting to see his findings!
Ian