[games_access] games_access Digest, Vol 115, Issue 3

Ian Hamilton i_h at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 11 04:57:01 EDT 2013

Couldn't agree more Barrie, and also surely no coincidence that the percentage of people choosing to use the easy-read font is precisely the same as the percentage of the adult population who have a primary school or lower reading age!

If anyone's in a position to get any developers to track and publicise data like this (especially if cost to develop and value per player are taken into account, resulting in a profit/loss figure) it's one of the most important things that needs to be done.

Altruism can only go so far, I've often spoken to on-the-ground developers who have tried to make their games more accessible but haven't been able to due to execs or publishers not understanding that there's a business case involved.