[games_access] PS4 controller irritation

Barrie Ellis oneswitch at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 16:13:09 EDT 2013

It's probably the heat, but I found this Sony press statement very irritating:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/10/giant-dualshock-knack-accessible-lessons/

Just seems like a bit of self-stroking, gob-smacking naivety and two-fingers up to physically disabled gamers... For how long will main-stream consoles keep up this level of contempt I wonder. Atari were onto this in 1983 with the Kids Controller. Surely we should have moved on since then from console producers.

Dual Shock 4 looks like a nightmare to make broadly accessible: http://youtu.be/vv5uI2vlXE8 assuming there's no push from Sony for providing alternatives.

Sony seem to be enemy number one for access to games machines. And it's so sad, because they make great products if you can use them.

Barrie
OneSwitch