[games_access] Random Game

Eleanor Robinson eleanor at 7128.com
Tue Jul 23 20:29:33 EDT 2013

Blaze Eagle talked about accessibility labels on game packaging. First,
many games are downloaded and don't have packaging.  Second, while
mobility issues are varied, there are more disabilities than motion
impairment that need to be included in accessibility labels. Vision
impairment, hearing impairment and cognitive impairment also need to be
considered in addition to motion impairment.

We, at 7-128 Software, put Accessibility Ratings on our games. They are
not action games, but each game is rated as to its accessibility.  I do
think that games should be rated as to their accessibility regardless of
the type of game.  That would preclude just using ratings based on game
controllers since many gamers don't use controllers.  Looking at the
mobile statistics indicates that they need to also be reviewed as to
their accessibility accommodations as well as desktops, laptops and
controllers.

Eleanor Robinson
7-128 Software