[games_access] Exergaming for peole with a disability (PWDs) / Exergaming for MENA region

Sandra Uhling sandra_uhling at web.de
Tue Sep 24 05:44:23 EDT 2013

Hello,

one of my contacts in the MENA (Middle East, North Africa) region is looking
for information and contacts for exergaming.

"I am looking for information to provide disabilities organizations for
extending and disseminating these tools as add new classroom for game video
exercises, there are more public and private sectors -disabled centres- ,
and I think maybe they are interesting to expanding their activities in
supporting children with disabilities.

Please write special MENA region information to Nabil off-list:
Nabil Eid [neid at telecentre.org]

Do we need more information about exergames that can be played by PWDs?
It seems that also for Silver Gamer, we miss information.
These games should not be too expensive.

Wii:
* http://www.visio.org/wii-game (game for blind and seeing kids, balance
training)
* Various dance games
PC + Wii Remote:
* http://www.vifit.org/ (games for blind kids)
Xavix:
* http://xavixstore.com/ (accessibility need to be checked)

Please write general information about exergaming and PWDs on-list.

Best regards,
Sandra