[games_access] Deeper Audio Games

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Fri Aug 15 10:23:22 EDT 2014

After SpecialEffect got a mention on Sky TV this morning, we were contacted
by a guy who plays a modified version of World of Warcraft. He was
wondering about deeper audiogames that we might know about, not wanting to
play simple games. Came up with this....

The Electronic Soup Podcast episode 3 on deeper Audio games might be a good
listen: http://oneswitch.retroremakes.com/podcast/ESP3_extended.mp3

More info here:
http://www.gamebase.info/magazine/read/esp-help-sheet-audio-games_306.html

GMA Games is a must try: http://www.gmagames.com/ourgames.shtml for more
complex audiogames.

Twine on-line interactive stories are often quite interesting and sometimes
surprisingly deep. A good Twitter feed to the latest games can be found at:
https://twitter.com/twinethreads. I'm not honestly sure how well they work
with screen-readers as I don't have one installed. Likewise these might
hide some gems: http://textadventures.co.uk/

I'm sure [he] knows, but Jordan Verner completed Zelda Ocacrina of Time on
N64, following a guide: http://oneswitch.retroremakes.com/podcast/ESP2.mp3

Great list of Blind Accessible game web-sites here:
http://7128.com/top25/topsitesblind.html

Anything particularly deep/involving elsewhere? Any other mods people are
aware of.

@Thomas - Does TerraFormers work on Win7/Win 8 do you know?

Best wishes all,

Barrie