[games_access] PBS Game/Show does a bit on Disability/Accessibility

Dan Fischbach blindwolf8 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 11:58:04 EDT 2014

PBS Game/Show is always great. I left a comment on the video:

---
Legally blind game developer here. Just a FYI that there's a Special
Interest Group (or SIG) of the +IGDA known as the Game Accessibility SIG.
We're doing what we can for disabled gamers. (Come see us every year at
GDC!) As far as I'm aware game engines actually don't have the tools to
implement accessibility features easily into games that are made with them
so it's up to each developer to implement their own version of
accessibility features. (if they even think about that) The closest thing I
can think of to speed this up would be some feature or plugin you can buy
for the +Unity game engine that someone else has made but even then not
everyone uses Unity for development.
---

Feel free to reply to it on YouTube to spread the SIG representation! :-)

Dan Fischbach, Net+, MCP
W: danfischbach.com P: 609-458-7920
Proud NJIT (BS) and UCF/FIEA (MS) graduate