[games_access] Switch access on Android

Ian Hamilton i_h at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 7 03:45:52 EST 2014

I think it's more likely to be due to CVAA, which requires subtitling for pre-recorded video, meaning they'll have put it in specifically for video apps, DVDs etc. What surprised me though was how much fine detailed customisation there is, and how the customisation is almost identical between the two consoles:
http://nxeassets.xbox.com/shaxam/0201/1a/95/1a95adeb-cc2c-42fa-a89f-9087a5cb24df.PNG?v=1http://i.imgur.com/uW9qDVW.jpg?1

I don't know enough about VOD, but perhaps that level of customisation is standard amongst some of their competitors in that market? I know Hulu's are pretty basic, but Netflix offer the same kind of options:
http://s494.photobucket.com/user/mikeyts/media/NetflixSubtitleAppearance.jpg.html
So with the system preference being available to game developers on the 360/XB1, I assume that's a similar situation to the colourblind simulator in Unreal - a lone MS developer thinking they may as well allow wider access to the settings, but it not being part of the bigger roadmap so not publicised to devs.