[games_access] Gaming Redux

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Wed Apr 1 12:34:51 EDT 2015

Hi all,

Great to see so much activity on the list, and progress chinking along.
Looking forward to seeing the GDC stuff when I get time to give it justice.

Thought I'd share a little work I'm doing to reduce controls on console
games downwards. Ultimate is making some one-switch accessible.

Little peek of this here:
http://switchgaming.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/one-switch-tekken-6.html

What it's made me realise is most needed for this kind of thing is broad
difficulty level adjustment in games. If you could really tone down the
A.I. viciousness in COD, put speed-limits on rival cars in a race, make
games more forgiving to a huge range, it would open up such a huge range of
games.

Hoping to share the method for free before too long. Just will need a Titan
One USB link-up system (much prefer this to Cronus Max) a Win 7 PC upwards
and a PS3, PS4, Xbox One (or with extra adapter) Xbox 360.

Also will work with MakeyMakey and the like for all kinds of interfaces.

Cheers,

Barrie