[games_access] GA-SIG Action Plan!

Thomas Westin thomas at westin.nu
Tue Apr 14 17:31:41 EDT 2015

Hi all,

First, I’m really excited with the response of the GA-SIG action plan survey, so thanks to all volunteers! I think we now have a solid set of actions that have great potential. So lets get started!

I suggest that each lead:
1. contacts their action group and set up the way they prefer to work
2. continiously updates the column ”Latest progress” with a line or two (very brief). This way we can all easily see the progress of all actions in one place.
3. participates in quarterly online chat meetings to share results and discuss with all other leads and SIG chairs - all other participants also welcome of course!

Most of the actions require dedication over a longer time, while a few are more short-term projects. As you can see there are some actions that have participants but no lead. To have continuity over time and ensuring different perspectives, each action must have at least one lead and one other participant. At the moment there are also some actions with just one lead and no participants, but hopefully this will be resolved soon, or be merged with another closely related action.

Actions which dont’t have a lead have been moved to a wish-list at the bottom, until someone steps up for taking the lead. Short-term projects should also define a due date. E.g. the GDC 2016 action should start today and end before March 2016.

If you have suggestions for the action plan, please add a comment directly in the Google form of the action list. Hopefully I got all names and actions right as the compilation was done a bit manually; if I have made a mistake just let me know, please.

The action plan? OK, here it is
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vvDqoJkpcTiDZ3iyJpEk3eiQO1L62Ffd5DV1cxZo4Ns/edit?usp=sharing <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vvDqoJkpcTiDZ3iyJpEk3eiQO1L62Ffd5DV1cxZo4Ns/edit?usp=sharing>

Best regards,
Thomas