[games_access] Help the GA-SIG: become an IGDA member!

Thomas Westin thomas at westin.nu
Tue Dec 1 04:22:45 EST 2015

Hello everyone,

As you know, the GA-SIG is based on volunteer work. We have a long list of ongoing actions (at igda-gasig.org <http://igda-gasig.org/>), presents talks and holds gatherings at events (primarily GDC), funded out of our own pockets. If you're not a current member of the IGDA and would like give back by signing up as a member of the IGDA for a year or two, then look no further!

You may be wondering, ”Dan/Thomas, what do I get besides some warm fuzzies for helping out my fellow SIG members?" You can check out all of the IGDA member benefits you get right over here <http://www.igda.org/?page=benefits>, but for those who want a quick taste I've listed some below.
Free or discounted hardware, software, and developer tools
Discounts for books and conferences around the world such as GDC and the IGDA Leadership Summit
Business & health insurance
Support IGDA initiatives (advocacy on behalf of developers, research to support and educate the industry, supporting diversity and inclusion in everything we do, official supporters of positive change and community initiatives)
Content! The IGDA provide interviews, webinars, research to grow members knowledge of our incredible diverse industry
Access to the biggest game developer association in the world; Take your networking and connections to the next level
Also, there are special discounts, benefits for students. IGDA is an amazing tool to help you grow skills and meet key people in the industry
Ready to sign up and help out the GA-SIG? Wonderful. In order to help us though, you need to use our special promo code: ACCESS

For new members: (returning members, please see below)
Go to www.igda.org/whyjoin <http://www.igda.org/whyjoin>, scroll to the bottom, and select Individual Member.
Choose a username, fill in your name, and click Continue.
Select a membership and click Continue with the selected membership.
Please choose one of the following:
Individual Core Member – 1 year (with or without auto-renewal)
Individual Core Member – 2 year (with or without auto-renewal)
Complete your member profile and click Submit.
On the Membership Dues page, enter the code ACCESS in the appropriate box and click Apply Code. A confirmation that the promo code has been applied will appear. This part is really important if you want to help us out!
Finish up your registration and you should be good to go! Welcome to the IGDA!
For returning members: (those who have not been a current member for a year or more)
Go to www.igda.org <http://www.igda.org/> and log into your existing account.
After logging in, you should be informed that your membership has expired. (Oh no!) Click Securely renew your membership now.
On the Membership Dues page, please choose one of the following memberships:
Individual Core Member – 1 year (with or without auto-renewal)
Individual Core Member – 2 year (with or without auto-renewal)
On the Membership Dues page, enter the code ACCESS in the appropriate box and click Apply Code. A confirmation that the promo code has been applied will appear. This part is really important if you want to help us out!
Finish up your registration and you should be good to go! Welcome back ol' pal!
Thank you very much everyone,

Thomas and Dan,
co-chairs of the IGDA Game Accessibility SIG