[games_access] Happy New Year!

Thomas Westin thomas at westin.nu
Wed Dec 30 07:36:53 EST 2015

I just like to wish you all a Happy New Year!

2015 has been a great year for game accessibility, much thanks to many people on this list and others. A quick recap of some highlights from the top of my head:

- at GDC 2015 we had an unprecedented audience: hundreds of people at our panel, more than 30 attending the roundtable, and lots of attendees at Ian’s and Tara’s talks. Who would have thought that at GDC 2004 where we had one (!) attendee at our first roundtable, who had gone to the wrong session :)
- Apple has implemented "fixed point mode" for switch users on iOS devices (thanks to Barrie, Ian, and Apple)
- consoles have got accessibility features built-in, much thanks to FCC/CVAA, Microsoft and Sony
- There is now a Twitch channel about GA (thanks to Tara)
- Research articles continues to grow, and thus also knowledge about GA

I had a chat with Tristin at IGDA before Christmas and she was impressed by our work and action plan.

Let’s make 2016 an even greater year for game accessibility.

Best,
Thomas