[games_access] Actions, updates

Chad Philip Johnson chad at anacronist.com
Wed Sep 30 00:11:13 EDT 2015

Not much to share for the Dev-Tools Action.  Aside from guidance and
feedback from Ian and Thomas, and supporting comments from Andreas, it's
a one man gig at the moment.

An audit was created by Ian using the bullet points from the Game
Accessibility Guidelines website and I provided a short response for
each entry.  For anyone who wants a peek, that document can be viewed
here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fjVi2nkAi6sPimea_k2ELnnkwjARt68wtTr8ND5iF84/edit#gid=0

We have yet to make contact with any of the tool-devs and little else
has been done for the action.  This is primarily due to the lack of
people and the fact that my day-to-day work, while in the same general
space, is not closely aligned with the work that needs to be done to
move things forward for the action.  It would probably be better if
somebody else took the reigns on this on and I offered support, so if
anyone else is interested....

That said, I am trying to come up with a plan that puts us on a path to
meet the action's goals and also allows somebody else to step in and
lead the charge.  I have a couple of ideas and will soon share them with
the rest of the group for input/feedback.

--
Chad Philip Johnson
Anacronist Software