[games_access] Pokémon GO a11y?

Gabby Taylor mittenstehkitty at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 20:47:51 EDT 2016


Just for kicks, I asked if they can verify that story. If so, that would be
an exciting step in the right direction for accessibility in games!

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 3:39 PM, Dan Fischbach <blindwolf8 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nintendo's support email is support at noa.nintendo.com but it looks like
> there's another way to get in touch with Niantic/TPC:
> http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17045
>
> ***This message was sent from my cell phone so it may be more terse than
> usual.***
> Dan Fischbach, Net+, MCP
> W: danfischbach.com P: 609-458-7920
> Proud NJIT (BS) and UCF/FIEA (MS) graduate
> Please consider the environment before printing this email
>
> On Jul 17, 2016 11:11 AM, "Gabby Taylor" <mittenstehkitty at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> This would be interesting if true, but I feel like this would leave out a
>> lot of gamers who don't get a card but are still disabled (just an example,
>> I'm disabled to the point of being unable to drive so no handicap placard).
>> Do you know of a way to reach out to Nintendo to verify this (how did the
>> person in the post do it)?
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 10:40 AM, Dan Fischbach <blindwolf8 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> From tumblr, unsure of how true this is:
>>>
>>> "However! If you email Nintendo with some proof of disability (she used
>>> a handicap parking sign), they will change the settings on your game so
>>> that the Pokemon will come to you!"
>>>
>>> Assuming this is like perma-Incense. Again, if true, good move
>>> Nintendo/Niantic/TPC.
>>>
>>> Source:
>>> http://jennytrout.tumblr.com/post/147520522543/its-a-different-world-
>>> <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fjennytrout.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F147520522543%2Fits-a-different-world-recoveryisbeautiful&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFdzzWWAhfyTmY_5wUhlUz5lScLAQ>
>>> recoveryisbeautiful
>>> <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fjennytrout.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F147520522543%2Fits-a-different-world-recoveryisbeautiful&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFdzzWWAhfyTmY_5wUhlUz5lScLAQ>
>>>
>>> ***This message was sent from my cell phone so it may be more terse than
>>> usual.***
>>> Dan Fischbach, Net+, MCP
>>> W: danfischbach.com P: 609-458-7920
>>> Proud NJIT (BS) and UCF/FIEA (MS) graduate
>>> Please consider the environment before printing this email
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> games_access mailing list
>>> games_access at igda.org
>>> https://pairlist7.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/games_access
>>> The main SIG website page is http://igda-gasig.org
>>>
>>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> games_access mailing list
>> games_access at igda.org
>> https://pairlist7.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/games_access
>> The main SIG website page is http://igda-gasig.org
>>
>>
> _______________________________________________
> games_access mailing list
> games_access at igda.org
> https://pairlist7.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/games_access
> The main SIG website page is http://igda-gasig.org
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://pairlist7.pair.net/pipermail/games_access/attachments/20160717/67671e2d/attachment.html>


More information about the games_access mailing list