[games_access] Ideas for accessible mobile games

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Fri Oct 7 02:56:05 EDT 2016

I remember  Richard van Tol I think long ago talking about interactive
fiction (e.g. adventure game books). Idea was to give them a tap any where
to interact interface. So you could play the game whilst the device was in
your coat pocket for example, with no cause to look at the screen.

E.g. Spoken: "Do you want to board this train?" (tap once for no, twice for
yes.... or looping spoken options "yes.....no.......yes......no.....pause
menu.....yes......no......", reacted upon once you tap the screen).

This could be playable by switch users to in this way.

Ideally, the stories would have Twine like variety/imagination and not be
Tolkien/Blade Runner/Mad Max inspired drudgery.

Barrie