[games_access] Disability eSports

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Tue Apr 18 14:58:25 EDT 2017

Hi Kim,

I think for some people that's a really nice idea. I guess this is all a
bit like the Olympics / Paralympics now. Some people categorised in the
Paralympics out perform some of the people in the Olympics, and some would
easily compete in the standard Olympics. However, for those who are facing
bigger barriers, it may be really good to have different leagues that you
can compete a little more fairly in.

However, I'm not very knowledgeable at all about eSports, apart from people
have been playing them since the days of Pong. Anyone else here have more
thoughts and leads? It may be an idea to start small with some
international 1 on 1 and small team battles, make them regular, get them on
Twitch and start some mini-leagues.

Good luck!

Barrie