[games_access] accessible interactive fiction creators?

AJ Ryan ajryan at onlyusemefeet.com
Tue Jan 24 13:33:22 EST 2017

Hey Robert!

I just wrapped up making an interactive fiction game for global game jam
this weekend using Twine to make a blind accessible game. I consulted with
a blind gamer to make sure the game was playable using NVDA and he was able
to finish the game without any issues. After the jam, I helped him get
started using Twine to make his own game using Twine. He just started
yesterday (using my finished game jam game as example code) but seemed to
have no problem reading and writing additional code. There's both a web and
executable client you can use for Twine.

I also have experience with Ren'Py but graphic elements play a larger part
of that engine. That said, I do find Ren'Py code easier to work with as you
can use any IDE you like to write Python-like code. The easiest and fastest
way would be to just make a series of HTML/CSS sites and use hyperlinks to
jump through the story, but that solution isn't very elegant. And I believe
you'd be able to use both Twine and Ren'Py. If you need help getting
started, the fastest way to contact me is through my twitter handle
@ONLYUSEmeFEET.

-AJ Ryan
http://onlyusemefeet.com/