[games_access] Auditory Mapping in Games

Layla Husain l.husain.05 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 08:56:47 EDT 2017

Great examples there! I've also come across examples (not in games though)
that might help inspire ideas:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_for_the_blind (especially Projects
from Other Teams)

Here are 3 papers from a group in Lund University called CERTEC:

1. Usability evaluation of navigation maps for visually impaired users by

   - Hanna Stigmar
   -
   <http://portal.research.lu.se/portal/sv/persons/kirsten-rassmusgroehn(5adeef15-7a67-4ac7-bb1b-a1a670075383).html>Kirsten
   Rassmus-Gröhn published in 2010

2. Exploring User Requirements for Non-visual Mobile Navigation Systems

   - Charlotte Magnusson,
   -
   <http://portal.research.lu.se/portal/sv/persons/kirsten-rassmusgroehn(5adeef15-7a67-4ac7-bb1b-a1a670075383).html>Kirsten
   Rassmus-Gröhn,
   - Konrad Tollmar,
   - Hanna Stigmar
   -

in Human-Computer Interaction - Interact 2009, Pt I

3. Exploring Future Challenges for Haptic, Audio and Visual Interfaces for
Mobile Maps and Location Based Services in LOCWEB; Vol. 370, CHI 2009
by Charlotte
Magnusson

   - Stephen Brewster
   - Tapani Sarjakoski