[Techtoolslist] Poss. dumb 9010 query

Martin White martin at guddler.co.uk
Tue Jul 5 20:39:09 EDT 2005

Sorry, but i do get rather confused with this thing from time to time :o)

I'm getting a "R/W Error @ F800 BTS 08" when trying to test the ram on one of
these MCR boards. Am i right in saying that i need to be tracking down a
problem on the data bus, bit 4, bit 3 if you prefer your numbers to be 0
based (1000 = 8, therefore, that's bit 0, 1, 2, then 3 or 1, 2, 3, then 4).

And if it were a decode error then that would be the address bus?

I'm assuming all is well with chip selects and r/w signals since it's only
complaining about bit 08 and not FF?

As an aside, i burnt a set of home burnt roms but the 9010 still can't read
the things reliably in the MCR sets. It doesn't seem to like anything that's
in close relation to the CTC i don't think. It's happy enough troubleshooting
the video staging ram and the background ram, just not the program ram or
rom :(

I'm using a normal Z80 pod with a Z80A processor in it. I'm guessing from
reading previous posts that there would be no benefit in trying to blag or
borrow a Z80AA since someone else was saying that couldn't cope with MCR
hardware either.

Martin.