[Techtoolslist] James has been busy!

James Bright james at quarterarcade.com
Tue Sep 13 19:25:26 EDT 2005

Yeah, that's his name. The source code was there... or mostly there....
if I recall. It's not really all that tough to do because the scripts
that are delivered to the 9010A are really just keystrokes encoded a
specific way. The tedious part is that implementing a parser/syntax
checker/compiler and that is really not a whole lot of fun from a
programming perspective... BTW, by looking at his code was how I figured
out a little bit about "thunking down" to the z80 code.

A much more interesting project would be an adapter to control the pods
from a PC. Quite a bit of work to get that completed (which is why I've
been keeping my eye on some of the Fluke emulation work), but it would
open up the possibility of using a more structured language to write
scripts. For example, wouldn't it be nice to use a CRC check instead of
a Signature check for ROMs... which is a little hard to implement with
existing script language.

I'll start thinking about what enhancements I can do with
tech.quarterarcade.com.

JB

--James Bright
www.QuarterArcade.com