[Techtoolslist] WTT/WTB Tested and Working Fluke 9010a Tape Deck

Matthew Rossiter matt at rossiters.com
Sun May 17 12:02:02 EDT 2009

Well, nevermind on this I guess. I was able to finally get this tape deck
to read tapes, but it still doesn't write - but that's not important. I
think I can fix that anyway.

By the way - here is the replacement phototransistor I used. It fits and
works perfectly.
http://sensing.honeywell.com/index.cfm?ci_id=140301&la_id=1&pr_id=132852
Newark has them.
This is for detecting end of tape. I didn't reallize this before, but you
have to solder these very carefully and quickly without too much heat
otherwise you'll ruin them.

I'm still trying to find alternatives for the playwheel rings that go bad
overtime. I'll order some O-rings soon that I think will work.

Also, I was able to get my Airlink 101 USB to Serial adapter working with
the Fluke9010a under Windows XP so I don't have to use my super old laptop
anymore.

I'm not sure how many people actually care about getting their Fluke 9010a
Tape decks working, but figured I'd share what I find.

Matt