[Techtoolslist] Help troubleshooting a 9010A

barry2 at shilmover.com barry2 at shilmover.com
Wed May 27 23:19:35 EDT 2009

So I got both systems working, on to the next problem.

The display on one is missing a few of the lines (mostly the bottom right ones). any idea where to start?

The other, the display flashes random characters and beeps. Thing that ticks me off is that it was mostly working (one character was dim) and I unplugged the connector thinking the power was off. What damage did I do?

Barry

I meant PDF page 131

Matt

On Tue, 26 May 2009 22:18:04 -0700, Matt Rossiter <matt at rossiters.com>
wrote:

> Some of the Fluke 9010a's (mine for example) might be different than

these

> schematics, but you can look here on pdf page 137.

http://arcarc.xmission.com/Test%20Equipment/Fluke/9010A%20Base/9010A%20Service%2
0Manual.pdf

> You should know how to convert Hex to Binary.

> HEX-08 -> D7=0 D6=0 D5=0 D4=0 D3=1 D2=0 D1=0 D0=0

> If it's reporting BTS 8 is failing - then check the 4116 ram chip

> responsible for D3 - which is at locate U12.

> If BTS 12 are failing, it means D3 and D2 are stuck. So check U11 and

U12

> or their buffers.

> Matt

> On Tue, 26 May 2009 21:41:10 -0400, barry2 at shilmover.com wrote:

>> Hooked up the 2nd 9010A. It returns:

>> R/W ERR @ C000 BTS 12 - LOOP?

>> Barry

>> ----------------------

>> I been having trouble posting to the group... trying again.

>> I have 2 non-working 9010A units. On both they beep once, LEDs flash,

> then

>> nothing.

>> Hooked up a working 9010A that I borrowed (thanks David). Bus tests

> fine.

>> RAM

>> returns the following:

>> R/W ERR @ C000 BTS 08 - LOOP?

>> Manual states:

>> If a RAM failure occurs, carefully examine the diagnostic message. The

> RAM

>> Test is usually sufficient for deducing the failed component directly.

>> It then does not explain how to read the message. :-) I am new to

this,