[Techtoolslist] Willem EPROM programmer...

Jack Rubin jack.rubin at ameritech.net
Tue Jun 9 07:34:43 EDT 2009

Hey Bill, good to see you here.

Like most others, I have a Data I/O 29B for most of the older chips. I also
have a Data I/O 19 which is capable of doing 1702As, but I only have half of
the adapter and doubt I'll ever find the rest of it. I have an Szerlip S100
setup which will do the 1702As if necessary. For newer stuff, I use a GQ
Willem model from MCUMall that is fully USB powered and has worked really
well for me.

If you don't already have a Data I/O unit, I have an offer for you - I have
a couple portable units (I _think_ they're Model 60 but they're not
immediately at hand so that may be the wrong number) that have failed with
RAM errors. Whatever the number, they are essentially 29Bs with multichip
adapters. Nice and light, and built into a clamshell case. If you really
feel like fixing something, I'll send them both to you for the cost of
postage - fix them both, send one back to me and keep the other -

best,
Jack