[Techtoolslist] 9010 tapes

Matt Rossiter matt at rossiters.com
Sun Jul 12 12:11:00 EDT 2009

He sent those to me.

It took me awhile to get my tape deck working, but I eventually did.

Unfortunately there really wasn't much on those tapes. It looks like
someone plugged in a working boardset (Battlezone, Tempest, Pac-Man, etc)
hit the LEARN button and then copied that info to tape. If that's
something people are still interested in (which I doubt it since you can't
be 100% sure those boards were working) I can share those. Some tapes were
either blank or couldn't be read. There were some with actual programs on
them, but I don't believe they were video game related. I can share those.

I was really hoping there were some actual arcade game troubleshooting
programs on the tapes, but at least it motivated me to learn how to fix the
Fluke 9010a tape deck! :)

Matt

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 06:20:03 -0400, Mike Salay <mjsalay at gmail.com> wrote:

> Some months ago Scott (thomas43_at_aol.com <thomas43 at aol.com>) sent

someone

> his collection of 9010 tapes (see post below). He doesn't recall who

took

> ownership of the tapes, but I'm hoping they were readable and the

programs

> can be made available.

> thanks,

> Mike

>> I have a bunch of tapes here that I received with a unit I bought from

an

> operator.

>> There are a bunch of test routines for games like Galaga, Tempest,

> Battlezone and others (about 20 tapes).

>> Does anyone here want to play with them, and post up the info for

others